19 June 2010

Cornwall and Conservatives

I've been struggling to find time to post this week as I've been busier than a one-armed bricklayer in Baghdad. I'm organising 2 London events before I spend 12 hours intimately getting to know National Express on Wednesday morning for my journey to Cornwall.

Also this week, I have landed 2 new clients, been working on my CV-writing website and have been on a date with a blond Tory. He messaged me some while ago and I briskly rebuffed his advances. I told him in no uncertain terms that he had some confidence coming onto a Guardian-reading dating site, that his opening "hello lovely lady" line was shockingly cheesy and that he was also outside the upper limits of my age spec (he's 49) I was pretty curt...

He asked what the chances were of me going for a coffee with him - I said a generous 3 out of 10 but that we should perhaps take our cue from Nick and Dave's coalition and take it from there. So, a few weeks after he contacted me I finally met him for a drink thinking that at least I could get a good argument out of it; but surprisingly we got on pretty well. (One of my friends is worried that I'll marry Tory boy; that he'll be my overlord and I'll be in serfdom toiling the fields in chains, but I have an unbeaten record of not getting beyond a second date so I think her fears are unfounded) I'll let you know how this unlikely scenario pans out.


Star Trek Girl is on the mend and is now in France recuperating from the hideous leg snappage incident before she goes back to Jordan. This means I can now resume my STG posts to her. The amazing woman has bought me a ticket to come and see her for my birthday in November so I'll be travelling beyond Europe for the first time! 

I am so incredibly fortunate to have such a generous friend - although it could be a reward for not tipping her out of her wheelchair... I must admit to missing her already.

I'm getting a bit more into The World Cup; I'm not watching any actual games obviously, because highlights mean I can keep my 90 minutes for something useful and still see if anything happened. The England team gave a dreadful performance from what I hear, but we've always been fooling ourselves that we have any good players. I know he's not English, but I've never forgiven Ronaldo for that wink although everyone else seems to have forgotten it - slimy, metrosexual, gaylord.

So that's about it really; I thought I should check in as I'm not too sure when I'll be able to write properly. I've still been reading your posts though... I always manage to find time for that.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, busy is a good thing. When you start craving boredom, you'll know you've reached your tolerance threshold!

    In the meantime, thanks for popping in to update us. I'm a bit concerned about Tory Boy though. I have a cautionary tale: I married a rabid Tory the second time around; when it broke up, first ex-wife told me quite seriously that it was inevitable and she never understood how I could marry someone so right-wing in the first place!

    Best of luck with the seemingly unstoppable juggernaut that is your career!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He usually voted Green is what he said... oh dear.

    Liking the video clip - I wonder who the team-mate is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tory?! Something that exotic could sometimes be refreshing, please update should he make more appearances :)

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?