It's been another busy week for me - because of the whole house-moving thing, I hadn't properly gotten my head down for a few days, so today I have been slaving over a hot laptop trying to catch up with the billions of things I had to do. Saying that, I did go to the cinema on Monday, a friends house for pancakes on Tuesday, out drinking on Wednesday, over to another friends for lunch (more pancakes!) yesterday and out for breakfast this morning - so I guess that's what I've been busy doing!
I love being back in this house again; it's lovely and clean, I can watch TV without losing the reception every 10 minutes and I can wi-fi to my hearts content! My desk is right in the bay window and I've been sitting in the morning sunlight with my solar-powered Flip Flap plant happily bouncing away (the only plant I can keep alive says the woman who has killed FIVE cacti!) I'm a couple of metres above street-level which makes for a nice view as well.
Although I thought I'd be surrounded by boxes, everything went into the attic so I'm actually very comfortable. Despite my pictures and books being in storage, the room is far more comfy that I'd imagined and I've settled back in extraordinarily quickly. Last night we sat in front of the open fire and watched Newsnight whilst drinking wine and eating cheese and biscuits - it was like I'd never left.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Waddaya think?