
Hiya Star Trek Girl, I know I only spoke to you on Skype last night but here are some photos of Brighton that I took this week to show you what you are missing... whilst you are cultivating a tan and chariot racing in Petra.
Yesterday was really rainy and windy; I took a stroll down to the seafront and took these pictures of the sea. There's something strangely exciting about watching huge waves crashing onto the beach and they were so big they were breaking right out by the pier. I've always been drawn to the sea and love that you can get the beach to yourself on days like this; It's incredibly liberating when you have nothing between you and the horizon except this huge expanse of water. I love it!
Earlier this week I went past Choccywoccydoodah and took this picture for you; excuse the reflection! I know you love cake as much as I do and this beats baklava hands-down in my book!
It's a pity that their cakes look much better than they taste; I think it's because the icing is so heavy that they have to make the cake quite firm to hold the weight. Their cafe is lovely and you can get an amazing hot chocolate. I met up with Joe and we had one of those hot chocolates where you stir the square of solid chocolate into the mug of piping-hot milk - we didn't get it from there though!
Yesterday I also stumbled across these guys, bravely facing a cruel January morning to entertain the locals. I can't remember what they were playing but they drew a small crowd and their show looks good - not that I ever go to the Theatre Royal mind you!

So I'm glad to hear that all is well with you; I'm really enjoying reading your blog. The food in Amman is interesting to say the least and watching videos of coral fish and dolphins in the Red Sea, and Roman sword-fights in Petra often make my day completely! I'm very much looking forward to seeing you when you come back to Blighty in March, even if you're only going to be here for a couple of days. Take care my lovely friend. x
No comments:
Post a Comment
Waddaya think?