17 January 2010

DIY Cheeryness





Today I'm in an irrationally bad mood if truth be told. I think I'm coming down with a cold; my throat is sore, my head is fuggy and I feel a bit irritable - in general my week has gone well so I'm going to write a post about how good things actually are along with some cheery pictures in an attempt to psyche myself out of it.

I landed a big client this week; it was someone who I first met last July and they recently called me to ask if I was interested in taking them on as a client. The starting fee is remarkably good so this means that I should be able to save money and move a lot quicker than I thought; I'm very excited about it but I've always been an impatient person so it can't happen soon enough frankly!

I'm also leaning back towards getting a cat when I move because, as much as I'd love a dog, it is such a huge decision that it needs to be right.

One of my landlady's cats has kind of adopted me and we snuggle up together on the duvet; but sometimes I miss my own cats so much that I can barely breathe. As much as I'm fond of this cat, it turns out you don't really have the same kind of connection if it's not yours. Having a cat brought me such happiness that it just made everything else ok; I can't say I'm lonely, but without my own pet I must admit that I sometimes feel alone.

My freelancing business is going very well (despite this being a month of skintness) I've worked extremely hard and am enjoying a level of freedom that I once only dreamed of having.

Today I'm writing the final newsletter copy for a new networking group that I'm launching in February, and I also completed my very first tax return yesterday - so am now an official bona fide grown-up!

That's about it really; my family, although often infuriating, somewhat insane and useless with technology are all healthy and love me, my social life is as busy as I want it, I have some good friends and, apart from the sniffles and a dodgy back I'm in good health - I could do with losing some weight but overall it could be worse.

Well, I'm happy to report that I do actually feel much better now; I think a quick burst of some perky music and the jobs a good 'un!

5 comments:

  1. Well done, and congrats on the new client. It's Ironic that tomorrow is 'Blue Monday' - generally regarded as the most depressing day of the year - so things really can only get better.

    For me, one of the side effects of freelancing is that I never, ever get ill unless I'm on holiday, it's xmas or I am having a few days of.. freelancers don't get sick pay. I kinda mentally stop it from happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent example of the power of positive thinking. I'll try that the next time I'm feeling sorry for myself! Oh wait - that's today. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear all's going well, apart from that small matter of the mood you're in. I'm glad that writing this did, as they say, accentuate the positive. Getting a lift is important sometimes.

    Congratulations on the new client, of course, but what's really fascinating me now is what that third picture is. It looks like meringues heavily dosed with artificial colourings ... and they're making me peckish for sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog - all the cats!
    I'm following now so I'll be back soon to visit.
    I have a wedding blog but you might enjoy my other one which most always features my cats!
    ~Vickie
    Tennessee
    www.myrubyslipperslife.blogspot.com
    &
    www.yourbellawedding.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you're feeling better. I hope the good mood continues.

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?