12 January 2010

I Wish, I Wish, I Wish...


In the last couple of days I've been poorly so have been both semi-delirious and had too much time on my hands; during this time, I have made 3 wishes:


1) I am going to complete the 'Race For Life' -There is quite a bit of cancer knocking about in our family and I will be lucky if I manage to avoid it myself. I also want to have something to aim for, need a reason to exercise and 5 kilometers is not far... plus I can always walk it! 



2) I'm going to have a go at making a quilt - I sometimes do a bit of knitting but it's not something that I shout about. I like making things, quilts are lovely and it would be really nice to have one that I designed & made myself. If I'm not too bad at it and I finish it before I'm 80, it might also be nice to make one for someone else. Therefore I am going to start one in my spare time (when I'm not being a freelance mogul that is) 

3) I would like a dachshund - This one is more of a dream though; having a dog is a massive commitment and not a decision to be taken lightly, I have been considering it for quite some time, but if my job is still as virtual when I finally move, then I may see about giving one a good home. 

As I've always considered myself a very good pet owner, unless I can give the dog the time, training, exercise and attention that it needs then I'll stick with cats. I know they are prone to back problems so that's a consideration, but a small dog is better suited to Brighton and I like this breed very much. I've seen a couple of them around town so could speak to their owners about their experience and get advice. 

The last wish may or may not come about and is entirely dependant on time, finances and where I live; but as a freelancer I should be in a perfect position to be able to give a dog everything it needs - and if there's any doubt that I can't then I won't be getting one. If I can provide a good home for a dog then I can also take it to my parents and I won't have to worry about it being hit by a car because it'll always be on a lead. It's still a big decision though and would never be made on a whim.

Here's hoping though, and I promise to keep you updated on all 3 wishes!

2 comments:

  1. I too have been thinking about getting a dog but like you I am not sure if I have the time for it.
    Good luck with the wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a quilt that I started when I was 12, and finished when I was 32. It's one of my favorite things - especially since it was made from scraps of outfits my mother made for my sister and me.

    I love Dachshunds, but have just a little bit of wariness about them, since it's the only dog I've ever been attacked by! I thought the little thing was going to rip off my thumb.

    Here's hoping all three of your wishes come true!!

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?