14 November 2009

All Gone

God this is so disappointing - I've decided to stick with Blogger as it would mean that even if I imported my blog, all the photos have gone anyway. Plus you guys are all here as well...

So I've just spent hours trying to replace the photos that accompany the posts; I often spent AGES finding the perfect photo as well and I've not been able to find them all again - I could go with new ones, but I chose the last ones because they were perfect.

Nearly every SkyWatch photo was taken on my camera phone then deleted once uploaded so they've gone forever, I have no way of finding a lot of the ugly shoes (one doesn't just stumble upon such hideousness) so I've had to delete some of those posts altogether as well. (Although LInked Within obviously doesn't understand that a post has gone, because that would just be too easy and might indicate that technology was my side)

It's been a little upsetting to see how often I mentioned Dexter as well - especially to read how many times I said I feared he would be killed by a car after I moved; or all the mornings we spent chilling in bed or the happy afternoons on the sofa hanging out.

The 300 Clutter-Thunk photos can be put up again I guess, even though some of them will be the second time around for you. But the Cynic ones were personal and are hard to replicate. This is going to be a long job; some of the posts had 3 pictures and only Link Within is giving me any hint as to what the photo was - Imagine if you had to recreate a whole year's worth of 2 blogs. What a fucking hassle.

4 comments:

  1. What a royal pain. How can blogger be so stupid? Is there anyone at blogger help you can talk to?

    When you transferred the photo from your cell to the blog did your computer not store it in the hard drive?

    I have an imac so every photo is saved on the iphoto program then I transfer it to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah you are the one with the approval thingie. Hummmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Punch - I am indeed; I like to have approval as I've had a couple of Japanese spam porn links before & I don't like them to sully my blog!

    Yes, It's better to let them go - Some of the comments said "wow, amazing photo - incredible' etc & I have NO IDEA what the hell they were looking at! boooo....

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I took a photo, it's in the computer, then some of them go to Blogger. I just bought a back up drive, so everything is duplicated. Pain in the ass to lose stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?