16 September 2009

I've Reached the End of the Road


Well that was a great festival to end the season on! Larmer Tree Gardens are gorgeous; the grounds are stunning, the weather was beautiful and there were even peacocks and parrots flying around!



There was also a lot to do when I wasn't working which had been a worry; there were bookshelves in the woods, grassy sofas, a front-room in a glade complete with piano, a film tent that actually played entire films rather than shorts, a games area with table tennis tables, bowls, connect 4 and hoola hoops, secret cafes, and lots of sunlit spots to lie back on perfectly-trimmed lawns to read the paper or a book you just bought. It was brilliant. 

A couple of friends also came for the weekend which was really nice; often you're just walking around on your own so it can be a little lonely with no-one to share things with. I did get a bit of a tan so that was also a happy end to the summer - people have been complaining about the weather but I think it's been quite sunny; I do live in Brighton though where we get our own weather which is more often than not favourable.

I'm not sure if I'll be up for doing this next year as I'm not much of a camper and the paperwork tasks I do are completely thankless. It did get me out of my job though and for that I'm grateful - even though I'm pretty poor and have to look for a part-time job now, I would make the same decision again.

So now I'm back and have to get on with things; Dexter was fine although he missed me apparently (he seems bigger now so not sure what he's been eating!) I also have many things to sort out today, a couple of friends to meet, belated birthday cards to buy, food shopping to do, and work to get on with - I'm also going to take myself out for coffee and go to the pub tonight, so it's not all work!

Good to see you again people!

1 comment:

Waddaya think?