16 August 2009

Next Stop - The Green Man




On Tuesday morning I leave for the second to last festival - The Green Man. This is a 10 000 people event located against the backdrop of the Sugar Loaf mountain in the Brecon Beacons in Wales. The photo above is an arial view of Glanusk Park where it's held.

This is a very established festivals and run very well; we will have showers, the toilets are cleaned twice a day, and we even have a bar in the crew camping area! 

We're running 6 bars at this one and, over the weekend, I will be working from midnight until 9am as we have a 24hr license - so I should get to see a lot of this one!

Apparently there will be a real ale bar, a comedy tent, a communal campfire field, a piano bar serving mulled cider and wine, a science tent, a film tent, a massage and therapy area, a rose garden, a waterfall, and twinkly lights everywhere. Everyone I know who worked it last year says it's amazing! 

It's all getting a bit manic really, as I'm working right up until I leave, working a 10hr day upon arrival; I then move house 2 days after I get back and I haven't even started to pack yet! 

I will of course, be giving you a full update upon my return - I don't know yet whether we have wi-fi connection there so I may or may not be able to read your blogs. If not, then I look forward to catching up on your week when I get back!


6 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! I like your pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I hope its a good one and you have fun!S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, now this is one festival I'd like to get to, despite my advancing years and ageing bones! There's something special about it.

    I wish you every success. Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are enjoying the festival. It may actually be wellie free by the look of the forcast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo. What do you do the rest of the year? Can't believe you can't live on your own - yup, England is very expensive. When they asked the humorist Fran Lebowitz what her greatest luxury is, she said living alone. In this day and age, that is a luxury.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the help with the "how to thing" I will implement it first chance.

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?