
Tomorrow morning I leave for Wales for the third of the five festivals I'm helping at. Square Festival is on the West coast, just by the beach (see photo) and looks like it should be fun.
Our license is until 3am this time so I will be working from around 5am until lunchtime; having a break then coming back for a couple of hours around 6pm. I get different sleep patterns at each event, but luckily I have ear plugs and a talent for sleeping!
The rest of the time I shall be able to have a good look at the event which has the Solar Cinema (looking at the forecast it'll be on pedal power!) a comedy night on Friday, a classical orchestral concert in the nearby church, a 'human zoo' where you have to wear an animal costume to enter and a clothes-swap area. It also appears they are attempting to break the World-record for mass skinny-dipping... which I will NOT be taking part in, but I may have a gander for 'research purposes'.
Bit worried about the weather forecast as it does not look very sprightly. I have decided to leave my flipflops, suntan lotion, bikini and sunglasses at home, but I will however be taking my black purple-spotted wellies, brolly and fleecy jamas instead! Luckily they are having lots of drum n bass so I can dance myself warm.
Slightly annoyed about this English Summer washout frankly, as I had made an executive decision not to bother with much sunbathing earlier in the year as it was supposed to be a lovely long sunny summer. I thought I'd have plenty of time and now I only have a sniff of a tan (lovingly assisted by Johnsons) and am left feeling solarly short-changed.
As usual, I will give you a full run-down of the event when I return next Tuesday - they'd better have adequate catering and showers... fingers crossed!
I hope that you enjoy it and the wellies aren't needed.
ReplyDeleteI can recommend the spongey type ear plugs, they blog the noise of my street a treat.
The weather doesn't sound good to me, but I'm loving that pig! And the coastline is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend. Your photos are nice...that beach is beautiful and I know what is like to have so much rain that you start growing webs between your toes!
ReplyDeleteSmiles
That beach looks gorgeous!! I hope the weather is good for you.S
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for the weather !
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks for the comment about my dress. I miss your wit and wisdom.x
ReplyDelete