It's been a plodding along 'doing' week this week; strange phrase I guess, as surely every week consists of doing stuff? This week however has been a series of events that are leading me to one event that which change my life in 10 days - going freelance.I get through my job each day, then I spend all evening on my laptop researching business articles, freelance advice, marketing or reading Tweets - in fact I have become such an expert in social media, that I'm going to offer 3 packages to clients offering this service; I think Twitter is an amazing business tool and every company should be using it. You can discover and spread information unbelievably quickly - I think it's brilliant.
I'm really looking forward to spending my Summer at 5 festivals; I'm not really a festival kinda gal as I'm not too fussed about bands, am not really into slumming it, hate crowds and like my own bed! I do like working though and doing different things. When I worked at The Big Chill Festival in 2006, I barely saw one band but I really enjoyed the experience. I like the cinema tents and I'm hoping to get an outstanding tan!
So all in all, it's been a bit of a continuity week leading to this event; therefore I image next week will be the same as I prepare for financial instability and the unfamiliar place that is the World of freelance. I can tell you though; I couldn't be happier.
So glad that you are feeling positive.You seem really focussed and dynamic. I kind of wish I had a business so I could hire you!Sarah x
ReplyDeleteDid they say a notebook or a netbook? A notebook is just a laptop really; a netbook is smaller and intended primarily for internet-based activities. Still a *bit* big for carrying everywhere you go though, and you'd need an internet connection (either a free wireless network in range, or one of those USB mobile broadband things you plug in and pay a subscription for).
ReplyDeletePersonally I wanted to get a BlackBerry recently over an iPhone because you can only get an iPhone on 02. I'm told that BlackBerry's are more like a PC and iPhones like a Mac, if that makes any difference to you. I think with a BlackBerry you can get onto a free wireless connection if there's one available, or else can connect using normal mobile internet like 3G or Edge depending on the signal strength at the time. I think you might have to pay £5 a month for BlackBerry's internet service or something.
Personally I think a mid-level BlackBerry, but I'm more of a PC lover than a Mac-head. I know BlackBerrys aren't as pretty to use as an iPhone.
Sorry, yes a NETBOOK! You've been very helpful with this; I don't really care what it looks like; It just has to do the job & not be overtaken by something better within 2 months!
ReplyDeleteI don't use a MAc & prefer PA-type things & it does need to have internal internet as I often work from fields (& if all goes well - a beach in Italy!)I could get a dongle for the internet but having it internally wd be better.
Thanks a lot for this; you've been brilliant & more helpful than anyone else I've asked! x