This morning I handed my notice in at work - I've decided to jump into the abyss and see if I catch myself.As you may recall I am in the process of setting up my own freelance PA business, so I've decided to accept a position with a company I used to work for and assist them at 5 festivals around the country this summer.
I'll be helping with stock control and other admin; and as the contracts are only for half the month, it means I can use the other half to network for more business. On paper an ideal situation...
With the recession, other freelance PA's have said they are really busy; people don't necessarily need a full-time administrator but they still need their paperwork doing, so this way they can hire me by the hour and not have to worry about agency fees or employment costs - I just have to get them to use me now!
I firmly believe that I can do this and be successful at it; it's just a bit scary as to whether I can do it in the financial time-scale I need to (and I am not easily scared) I know I'm very good at what I do and I'm hoping it'll turn out to be the best thing I ever did. I'm extremely excited about what's going to happen; I know it'll be really hard work, but then I have never been a person to shy away from hard work.
So here I go jumping into the abyss once more; I have always caught myself before, lets hope I do it again!
Good Luck! At least I'm not alone in the abyss!
ReplyDeleteI may be a little late getting here - though I wasn't unaware of the step - but I wanted to give you my congratulations and wish you every luck with this :-)
ReplyDeleteI wish I had your confidence!