9 May 2009

JJ Abrams May You Live Long And Prosper!


So, I went to see the new Star Trek film last night and it was un-fucking-believable; I can now die happy in the knowledge that I have seen the most exciting action film ever made! It was so good I still can't believe it.



It was so fantastic I'm not sure where to start - I love Star Trek anyway so I knew I'd love it, preview audiences and reviewers were giving it the thumbs up and I couldn't wait. I just really hoped I wouldn't be disappointed... I was not!

From the minute it started it was full-on action; there were explosions, implosions, fight scenes, evasive manoeuvres, monster chases and planet-wide destruction. The baddies were suitably evil and appropriately sexily attired, there were in-jokes, comedy moments and the whole thing just looked fantastic. JJ Abrams has almost rebranded the original and, if you're not a Star Trek fan or know nothing about the series then this film really is for you.

I loved that all the new cast really resembled the original characters they were portraying; Bones was familiarly moody, Chekov couldn't pronounce his W's ("Wulcan is under attack") Kirk was staggeringly gung-ho, and Spock was very... logical. (Zachary Quinto is outrageously sexy) thankfully there wasn't a duff actor amongst them.

I can't recommend this film highly enough; it is simply the best film I've seen in a long time (and I've seen a LOT of good films this year!) the pace is exhilarating; there's edge-of-your-seat excitement, action aplenty and the whole thing looks absolutely incredible. My advice to you would be to just drop whatever it is you're doing and go & see it NOW!

1 comment:

  1. I just heard from someone else that it's the best movie of the year. I thought he was exaggerating, but apparently not!

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?