
Yesterday, a 32 year old woman scaled the fence to the polar bear enclosure at the Berlin Zoo and hurled herself in at feeding time.
Apparently it's not easy to get over the fence, and the woman initially seemed 'elated' as she swam towards one of the bears (seen here eyeing up his lunch) I imagine this feeling of elation did not last long as the bear, pleased that the keepers had clearly decided to put something new on the menu, started to maul her.
Am I alone here in thinking that this woman is surely an imbecile? Why would you do such a thing unless you were a colossal idiot? I'm amazed that anyone decided to help her out rather than pointing her out to small children as an example of a candidate for the Darwin Awards.
Incredibly, people jump into wild animal enclosures all the time thinking they can give the occupants a little cuddle, and are often bewildered and surprised when the object of their affections tries to rip their head off.
Apparently it's not easy to get over the fence, and the woman initially seemed 'elated' as she swam towards one of the bears (seen here eyeing up his lunch) I imagine this feeling of elation did not last long as the bear, pleased that the keepers had clearly decided to put something new on the menu, started to maul her.
Am I alone here in thinking that this woman is surely an imbecile? Why would you do such a thing unless you were a colossal idiot? I'm amazed that anyone decided to help her out rather than pointing her out to small children as an example of a candidate for the Darwin Awards.
Incredibly, people jump into wild animal enclosures all the time thinking they can give the occupants a little cuddle, and are often bewildered and surprised when the object of their affections tries to rip their head off.
o wow...yea that lady sounded like she was on something...why would someone do that
ReplyDeleteand i like how you used the "darwin awards" lol you are the first person up here that i've seen use it