28 November 2008

Make It So


 
Last Saturday I decided to set up my own business; it all started by me mentioning to a friend that I was looking for some PA work, her husband, a professional juggler no less (well this is Brighton after all) needs someone for 4 hours a week. 

Lying in bed that morning it suddenly dawned on me: 40 working hours in a week; I had just sold 4… if I sold another 36 then I could work for myself!

I sell a venue for a living – if I can sell some one else’s venue then I could easily sell myself; I leaped out of bed, bizarrely cleaned the house from top to bottom, then got down to work researching the idea and working out how to do what I needed to do to make it happen. It was like I was suddenly possessed - I just KNEW I could do this, in fact I knew I could do this really well... I could be a freelance Personal Assistant.

I’m still running on that momentum, I’m researching like crazy, I have someone designing my stationary and business card, I know what I want my website to look like and I’ve started telling everyone (except my employers) what I’m doing. If I can manage both together for a while then I can decide when to make that massive leap of faith into the unknown… to give up my job and work for myself!

3 comments:

  1. How fab ! Good Luck to you. S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Boxed my way here. Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through Black box too.

    My DH and I would love to make similar career moves (working for ourselves) but here in the US there's the issue of health insurance to consider - one of us HAS to work for someone who offers decent health care coverage. Our choices would be so different in the UK :-(

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?