Although the title of this post says "the food", it really should say "the chocolate" for that is what nearly all of these photos are of! Zurich was rammed with chocolate and truffles and the first photo below is actually a really swanky chocolate place at the airport of all places! No Costa coffee and WH Smith at their airport; they had diamonds and truffles instead! Feast your eyes people:
 |
| Pretzel stand |
 |
| This is where I snuggled under a blanket to enjoy a view of the river |
 |
| I had a hot chocolate & a warm apple strudel. It was even a little custardy in the middle |
 |
| Who doesn't love a brick of chocolate?! |
 |
| This man (my unsuspecting future husband) was making chocolates in Laderach Chocolatier Suisse |
 |
| A Gingerbread castle window display |
 |
| Huge slabs of chocolate at the Laderach shop |
 |
| There were a lot of women in this shop... |
 |
| Mmmmmmacaroons |
Wow ...
ReplyDeleteI've been to Switzerland a few times in my youth - incredibly gorgeous, incredibly expensive and incredibly boring. What was it that Orson Welles said in The Third Man? Take Italy - centuries of war and strife produced masterpieces, Switzerland - centuries of peace and prosperity produced the cuckoo clock.
ReplyDeleteStill, it's good to see it once.
I agree. Of course I only saw one city but there was not much going on. Switzerland has never been on my places-to-visit list but I'm glad I got to go. It was certainly a bit of an adventure!
DeleteOh yum! That is dangerous territory for chocoholics.
ReplyDeleteOh yum! There are a whole host of Swiss and Austrian cities that I haven't visited yet but sadly they'll have to stand in line behind the whole of Eastern Europe and the Balkans!
ReplyDelete