Things are going really great in my life at the moment. Loads of brilliant things are going on, or are in progress and I have to say that I'm pretty excited for my future.
* Both my businesses are stellar and, although I nearly had a burn-out breakdown yesterday, I can see the light. I'm just about to start selling paid downloads on one site as the traffic has just peaked at 14K hits for the last 30 days. You heard right - effing amazing huh? Basically I wrote a couple of helpful blog posts and they score so high for certain search terms that I had to expand my band width. I didn't even do it on purpose!
So the paid products I've spent ages developing (well 2 weeks but intensely) should be live in the next day or 2 and if all goes well then I hope to be making money while I sleep baby! With that cash I'm going to hire a business developer to help me see how to make even more money by expanding all my businesses. I know I'm doing something right cos people contact me all the time to say how impressed they are with my business models.
* I've seen that the guy who pays for my flat (if you're new here it's a long story but he's an American client who needs a place in the UK but I live in it cos he's never here - nothing dodgy or saucy, just business) has sorted out some post that was being redirected from an old address to this address - which is not something you'd do if you were not about to renew the lease in 3 months... I hope. So it looks like I'll be staying here another year which makes me very happy.
* The weather in the UK is marvellous at the moment. After the longest Winter known to man, Britain is sweltering. I'm not one for really hot weather (really hot weather here is about 30 degrees max by the way) but I do like it to be warm at least. My favourite time of the year by far is Autumn actually but the Winter we've just had was a right malingerer.
When it's too hot though it can be a bit uncomfortable. I work from home so I'm indoors or in a cafe anyway, and I get a heat headache if I'm out in the sun too long. Plus you get a bit sticky and uncomfortable as the UK has no systems in place for extremes of weather. We have hardly any air conditioning for the heat, we can't handle snow, if it rains too much we flood, and the trains will stop running whatever the weather.
* My love life has picked up a bit and I've been getting some rumpy pumpy for the first time since last August. A guy I've dated twice before (another long story but we decided to leave it both times as he was going through a messy divorce instigated by him) so he could focus on his main priorities. Anyway, he's been asking me to hang out for 7 months now and I hadn't really even noticed.
Turns out that he thinks we're right for each other so has been persevering each week to see me again and again. Who knows what will happen there but I'm so glad to be getting some that I'm not thinking too hard about it - that's what kind of a tramp I am.
Bizarrely he said he wanted to be with me 2 days after my best friend and I made a list of the kinds of attributes the kind of man I need should have in order for it to work. And he has all of them so the cosmos was sure paying attention that day. His main fault is that he does talk a hell of a lot (and I can really go on) but he shuts up between the sheets, so if I keep him busy we're both happy.
Overall the thing I'm most pleased about is my business. I get a great deal of pleasure from work but I've never been very good at sniffing out the money. Helping people and doing the work yes, earning a load of money - not so much. But if I get it right then I might finally start to reap the rewards of my hard labour. Eeeeeek!

Hey Urb! I'm so happy for you that everything's going so well! Congrats on sniffing out the money, that's awesome! I would love to do the same.
ReplyDeleteIt's been really hot here in my part of Canada too...we've had a few days of 35! I can't stand the heat and autumn is my favourite season as well.
Glad to hear when anyone is getting some! lol...and I love the term 'rumpy pumpy'...never heard it before.
Hope your good times last!
sounds good to me on all fronts!! Really pleased to hear about your business ... fabaroooooony! xxx
ReplyDelete