23 March 2013

I Can Has Kittens

Meet Lola and Treacle, my new kitties. Lola is the black and white one and she has a grade 6 heart murmur which is why she is an indoor cat. She could have months or years to live so could live until she's 20 or she could have a very short life - they just don't know. You can feel her little heart buzzing through her chest when you hold her but otherwise she is completely healthy.
They're both around six months old, arrived from the cat shelter on Monday, and have now now completely made themselves at home. Obviously they're spoiled rotten and have copious amounts of toys and accessories including a 5 foot climbing tower, a pop-up orange cube with holes to bound through, numerous balls and catnip mice, and a soft and cosy radiator bed which they both squeeze on to. They are brilliant.
Incredibly they both sleep all night and crash out when I do. I occasionally hear them moving about but they don't run around after each other until I get up. So I get to sleep through the night which is really rare for a kitten owner. They aren't related but indoor cats should be in pairs apparently and these 2 were the right age to come together. Treacle could possibly go out one day but Lola has to stay in.
Although they've only been here a few days I absolutely adore them. Treacle is a little more adventurous and is obsessed with the laser pen (the lazy girls entertainment facilitator) and Lola is happy to stay one step behind. Treacle licks her head sometimes and they play together really well. 
I really hope that Lola lives a long time but my thoughts are that if she's not going to then it's better that she lives a happy life here with me and Treacle in a warm and cosy flat being stroked and loved. She is such a darling that she deserves nothing less.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!! I hope they both lead long healthy happy lives! They certainly look very happy! x

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?