2 February 2013

Mmmmmmmm Muffins!

Long-term readers of my blog will know that I am not a gal that likes to cook. In fact I hate cooking and see it as an ineffective use of time. I get no pleasure from it, and am bored with the results by the time it's ready to eat. I say again - this is not the blog of a natural cook.

But baking is different. Very different indeed. Baking usually requires no peeling, you follow a recipe exactly to get the right results, you can lick the bowl which means easier washing up (although I actually quite like washing up - and hoovering!) and the end product, although waistline expanding, yields a much higher happiness level than cooking the dinner.

Yesterday I decided to take the day off from work. As a freelancer who likes working I often burn out so I sometimes take a self-imposed duvet day. Yesterday I put my out of office on, went to the local cafe and leafed through a book on quilting over coffee and a bacon butty while watching people hurrying around in the rain outside. Then when I got home I decided to make some mmmmuffins.
I had already clocked this recipe for Easy Peasy Muffins on Attic 24's blog so I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. Within an hour I had 8 spice and sultana mmmmuffins which I scoffed entirely by myself over the course of the day. I lounged on the sofa faffing around on the Amazon book website Shelfari whilst half watching The Vikings on TV, (Kirk Douglas in this film was my first crush - a one-eyed pro-rapist blonde. Go figure) then later I did some more work on my crochet blanket. It was a brilliant day.

And here are the results of my endeavours. Note they are being presented in cute yet weird little silicone cases - a Christmas gift from La Tarzane (aka Star Trek Girl) and it was the first time I have used them; though I expect they're going to get tired feet through use from now on. They were photographed on my new yellow kitchen table which is in fact yellower than the most yellow thing you'll have ever seen. 

A very productive day indeed me thinks.


1 comment:

Waddaya think?