![]() |
| My New Years Companion |
Happy New Year blog followers! I hope you had a good one. As I've mentioned before, I'm not a big fan of New Year's Eve - and all that forced joviality and people desperately trying to have fun while they get drunker and drunker then start the New Year with a hangover.
Not for me; I spent it with Wilson and Dotty while their owner went out for the night. I watched some TV, crocheted some squares for a blanket, drank cava, cuddled the dog, and counted my blessings. Not because I'm an old lady but because these are the things that make me happy. The London fireworks were incredible and actually brought a tear to my eye - which is somewhat of a rarity! Britain done good this year what with the Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee. It was a very good year for the UK.
![]() |
| Spot The Dog |
2012 has been an absolutely stonking year for me too as it goes. This year I learned to drive in 7 weeks then passed my test first time, I went to Vegas, stayed at The Mirage, and had dinner at Bellagio's; I went to the Amalfi Coast for my birthday and visited Pompeii for the third time, I got to be a surrogate owner to my neighbours dog Wilson who brings joy to every day I spend with him, I acquired my own flat that I pay peanuts for, and both my businesses have been more successful than any year since I went freelance 3 years ago. Not bad going I would say.
Of course I also split up with my boyfriend and left my darling cat Dillinger with him when I moved out. But I see it that thickie kitty is happy and I took care of his needs above my own, and I left a relationship that wasn't working before we both ended up hating each other.
This morning, after a lovely night with the furry freaks curled up together next to me on the bed, I woke up early and was walking Wilson in the park before 9am. I must say I have never seen that many joggers in the park before! Only a handful of dog walkers but a tonne of (I'm guessing New Year's resolution) people puffing their way around the park. After the wettest British summer since records began, this morning was bright, fresh, sunny and a really nice start to the year.
![]() |
| Brighton Wheel |
Not many people like to start New Year's resolutions but I do. I think it's good to improve yourself so I always aim for a few things that I think I might be able to manage. These are my resolutions for this year:
- Get some help with my sugar addiction. I'm overweight and can't stop eating sweet things. I'm planning on doing a skills swap in the next couple of weeks with a hypnotherapist as I gave up smoking 10 years ago with the Alan Carr book so hopefully It'll work with sugar as well
- I've never been in a helicopter so I intend on changing that
- I've never been on the Brighton Wheel which is crap seeing as it's been here a while now and only costs £8
- I'd like to finally get around to making that damned quilt. I've got the books, a sewing machine, and lots of fabric, so it's just getting my arse in gear and doing it!
- I'd like to continue learning Italian with the website Memrise. It's brilliant and is working - I just need to keep it up now... then go back to Italy to practice!
All achievable goals I reckon. So how did you all spend Christmas and New Year's Eve, and do you have any resolutions for this year?




Ooh, that dog is cute.
ReplyDeleteExcellent year you've had - wish you more of the same in 2013. Of course, it's 2014 in Vegas - no 13th floor in hotels, no 2013.
No resolutions here, except to stop being nice - not getting me anywhere. 2013, the new nasty me. Grrr.