![]() |
| Just arrived |
The higher-maintenance-than-he-let-on boyfriend and I went down to the beach the other evening to watch the sun set. Even though we only live 10 minutes from the sea, like many Brightonians, we hardly ever go down there for some reason. Well laziness is the reason actually.
![]() |
| First fire lantern |
I also say beach loosely in this post because I once had an Australian boyfriend from Sydney who refused to call it a beach saying it was rubbish in comparison to 'real' beaches. Although I think he was just a snob with a pebble aversion because I've heard that Bondi beach is shit.
Anyway I digress. We took ourself down to the stretch of coloured pebbles that is Brighton beach with a blanket and a bottle of French red wine to watch the sun go down and to feel like we were making use of the free facilities that we pay an extortionate rate of Council Tax for.
It was lovely. As you can see the sunset was amazing (none of these photos are touched up (ooo-er) in any way) and they were all taken with my new Samsung Galaxy III. Some of them are a bit grainy as I was zooming in, but this is actually how the sky looked as the sun went down.
![]() |
| Next one |
Some foreign students were letting off fire lanterns near us; they looked lovely, and more importantly none of them came crashing down on to local residents or flew into any of the many flight paths pointing the way to the continent.
![]() |
| Up and away |
Nice huh?







Lovely pebble beach. Brighton IS very nice.
ReplyDelete