25 February 2012

"Please Do Not Enter This Bin"


I've come to a mental arrangement with the driving. I've decided that I just can't go on having meltdowns every few days so I'm just going to do what I can do and slow down with the hours a bit. So my new mantra is "it's just driving".

I've got my test in a couple of weeks and if I pass then I do, and if I fail then I will simply take the test again. If the client waits for me and hires me then that's great, and if he doesn't then he just doesn't. I feel much better and my driving has suddenly improved as well.

The driving wasn't really that bad looking at it, but I've never taken on anything that takes so long to master! I kept getting frustrated seeing complete idiots driving around when I hadn't gotten the hang of it yet. I see people driving appallingly every day and it's galling that I probably drive better than they do yet they have their license.

I was at the 7 Dials Roundabout in Brighton today - this roundabout has 7 roads leading off from it hence the name and even experienced drivers shudder when they speak of navigating it. It's basically a free-for-all situation that can and does turn into a cluster-fuck in the blink of an eye. I'm still apprehensive when I approach it but I'm getting much better.

Talking of complete idiots, all the big dumpster bins in Brighton have a warning sticker on them alerting people to the fact that it's dangerous to sleep in them. On a par with printing that a bag of peanuts "may contain nuts", they've had to state the obvious because some fool did indeed drunkenly climb inside for a kip and was then turned into a human pancake when the binmen emptied the snoozing thicko into the back of the truck the next morning.

So because one solitary dimbo (obviously it was a man, as no woman would sleep in a bin. Even if drunk she would get herself home) at some cost, all the bins in Brighton and Hove now warn people that sleeping in one may not be the best idea. The bloke in question was actually a teacher if you can imagine, but just because one person did an unimaginably stupid thing, they've had to label them all just in case someone else has been eyeing up a bin as a good place to spend the night.

I'm uncertain as to whether they based the image on the victim himself, but here is the Council's impression of what a foolish man looks like. So if you're staggering home from a night out on the lash, do not consider climbing into a bin for a snooze. Your Council may not be as vigilant as ours, but I can inform you with some confidence that it will end in tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waddaya think?