I really hate to moan about BBF and, to be fair, there isn't that much to complain about. Overall he's amazing - he's a brilliant cook, he's thoughtful, funny, interesting, clever... but he really is the laziest person I've ever met.
His lack of drive, motivation, and ambition really is something to behold. He got in after 3am last night as he went out to see some bands with his mate. This means he now won't be out of bed until around 11ish. Again.
This is not unusual behaviour you see. After a year of being together I'm coming to terms with his lack of work ethic but, in truth, I find it extremely unattractive and not particularly admirable. I don't know why I can't just let it go but I've found it quite hard to get my head around what a lazy arse he is. It's a quality of his that I really don't like.
Nearly every night he says he wants to go to bed early so he can get up early and get on with some work, but in reality, this has happened around twice since I moved in a year ago. He's eternally optimistic that this will happen but he's simply too lazy to make it so.
Once, I even thought there might have been a carbon monoxide leak - except for the fact that I was up and out of bed after 8 hours sleep! I just let him get on with it now. Nagging him is pointless but I've started to feel like my Mum saying at midday on a Saturday "get up, you're wasting the day". Maybe I should set the fire alarm off...?

Right - I am going to tap you on the hand now and tell you off. I realise you were just having a rant and he's gorgeous most off the time but ...
ReplyDeleteNone of us are perfect and if his worst fault is a lie in then lucky you!! My husband has been saying he's going to decorate for about 2 years now and it drives me nuts that he hasn't. But the good far outweighs the bad and I forgive him. I'm just going to wait until he goes skiing with his mates and get the place done by a proper painter and decorator ... that'll learn 'im.
There ... rant over. Now give him a kiss and a slap round the chops and open a bottle of wine!
Sarah
xx
Lazy in a mate is good. Can't stand it when people are always doing things nonstop - makes me feel inferior.
ReplyDelete