I've just found out Elizabeth Taylor has died and I must admit to being utterly gutted. I didn't know her personally obviously but as a lover of old Hollywood she came very high on my radar.
Not only was she beyond a doubt one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, she was also feisty, opinionated, determined and dedicated to making a difference. I've read a few biographies on her and really admired her; in fact, I thought she was an incredible person.
I'd thought recently that she would probably go soon but I also kind of expected the old dame to last forever. Now that she's gone, I can't think of any old school Hollywood icons except Lauren Bacall - they're mostly either homogenised bland yo-yo's or technically good actresses but not great Hollywood stars like Joan Crawford, Elizabeth Taylor, Greta Garbo, Bette Davis, Rita Heyworth, Judy Garland, or Marlene Dietrich.
I've very sad to see her go. Liz, you were a bloody star.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Waddaya think?