Feeling much better today as is always the way with these things. Still utterly skint but I had a good chat with my best friend last night and felt more positive. It's still all pretty shit though but I'm ready to plod on today.
I've started up an accountability group with 3 other women I know and we meet for the first time today. The idea is that we get together and chat about what's not going so well for our business and then we come up with ideas to help each other out and we then have to go off and do them. If you haven't done these things the next time we all meet, then everyone will want to know why. It's good to get a different spin on your business and we're all in completely different fields.
To prepare for this I've just written a list of positive and negative things about my business and the positives far outweigh the negatives so I'm actually in a good position to get more work - I just need to work at it more. Everything seems to be in place (I've worked effing hard to make it that way) and I'm pretty sure I'm doing all the right things. Another person in the same line as work as me said she was also finding things hard lately so at least I'm not alone.
Yesterday everything I did went wrong and I felt rejected and useless; even though I knew I wasn't. I'm not often plagued with self-doubt but when it comes it's absolutely horrid.

Hello! I missed your first post yesterday, but just read it and then read this one.Glad you are feeling better today and your Group of Three sounds like a very good idea. You know what has gone wrong and you know what to do about it.I am not as good as you at straight talking advice, but I know that you will sort this out.Look at the positives - you have BBF, you have a new kitten coming and you have the means to make your business work. I remember when you were working for someone else and you hated it. Come on girl!! You are brilliant and although I understand why you felt so shit, I know you will drag yourself up again. This sunshine will help and of course the fact that you are so Stylish!! Sending you hugs, hunny bunny.Sarah x
ReplyDeleteYou are a winner of Stylish Blog Award - not just nominated.Obviously I will be round with crate loads of champagne in a little while.Now you have to thank me effusively and post 7 things about yourself. You also have to nominate some other blogs and let them know.When I say that you have to do all these things, I mean you can if you want to, or you can just bathe in the glory!! Sarah x
ReplyDelete