It's my birthday in a few weeks and I'll be spending it in sunny Jordan with Star Trek Girl. Amazingly, this fantastic friend of mine actually bought me a ticket to go out and visit her - now couldn't we all do with more friends like that?
My birthday is the day after bonfire night and I'll be flying out on Halloween and coming back 2 days after my birthday - on one hand it's a bit of a shame that I'll be missing my birthday with BBF and fireworks night, but on the other hand.... a free trip to Jordan!
I'm really looking forward to seeing STG again as I had gotten used to her company over the Summer whilst she was here recuperating from her snappity snap broken leg - we saw a lot of films, ate a lot of cake and I miss her now she's gone. I'm also very much hoping to revive my tan which disappeared into the good night some weeks ago having lazily only put in a short appearance over the Summer. I intend to spend every morning sunning myself on her rooftop terrace anyway!
I've never left Europe so Amman will be the furthest I'll have travelled; I've never had much wanderlust or desire to travel, but have generally kept quiet as everyone else seems to want to traipse all over the planet constantly. I'd like to see The Pyramids, Machu Picchu, and every nook and cranny of Italy, but apart from that I'm not too fussed - I'm a real homebody and love to come home at the end of a holiday to cosy up with all my stuff. Which is ironic really, as a home is the one thing I've never properly had!
The other thing I'm looking forward to doing is going to see Petra. I'd seen photos of it, and heard it was incredible; it's all just carved straight out of the rock face which is some sight to see. I love history so I imagine I'll be in my element. I've been to Herculaneum and Pompeii and like to imagine how life was for people in the past. Apparently the place is enormous and it takes about 4 or 5 days to see everything.
I already have some idea of what to expect as STG writes a brilliant blog about life in Jordan including her trips to Damascus and The Red Sea. She photographs the people, the food and the colourful spices as well as posting short videos of the city being called to prayer and footage from her snorkelling mask. I think it will be a memorable trip.

Hi hun, sorry I haven't been over here for a while. I do hope you enjoy your trip I am SOOO jealous. Petra is on my must do list. I am sure Jordan is amazing, love every minute.
ReplyDeleteIt is so great you get to visit your good friend. The times in our lives we get tp spend with friends make the best memories!
ReplyDeleteIt'a great feeling knowing that you are somewhere hot and sunny when back in Blighty it will be cold, windy and rainy. Don't forget your factor 30 and sent us a postcard. Oh, and think of all those sugars that await!..
ReplyDelete