Well I had a very good Bank Holiday weekend; as you know, my oldest friend came down for the weekend and we went to The Brighton Pavilion, which disgracefully I'd never visited since I moved here 15 years ago! It was actually pretty good, although it would have been interesting to see more of it, such as where the staff hung out. It was laughingly evident that this building had first been designed by a 21 year old - it was somewhat extreme and he'd gone a bit mental with the gold dragon theme.
The Dining room was incredible though and you could imagine what it must have been like by candlelight with the fires blazing. Apparently The Prince Regent would often call on you really late and even if you were halfway through your own dinner you had to go over to his. Pretty inconvenient, but then there were more than a few perks to being King - like fawning, mistresses and ham. We also had these large hand-held audio players that made you look like you were wandering around gormlessly with a TV remote stuck to the side of your head.
I also went on another date on Monday afternoon, which I think went pretty well. I have an awful feeling that I just rambled on incessantly (kinda like I do on here) but I think he failed to notice as we spent 7 hours together and have decided to meet up again this weekend. You never know with these things, but I liked him very much and he was both interesting and aesthetically pleasing! We had quite a bit in common and he was very good company. That's all you're getting on that one! He may turn out to be as mad as a badger but let's hope not.
On Friday, I'd gone out on a second date with Richard from last weekend, but although he was a really nice guy and we had a pleasant evening, I didn't feel any chemistry at all so have decided not to have any more dates with him. There's nothing wrong with him but if I'm honest, I couldn't imagine kissing him. Compatibility is important but if you're not sure you would ever like to snog their face off then there's just no future in it!
The thing that's started worrying me slightly about dating at the moment is that I can't spend much money. My business is still in its first year and I need to save to move out in the Summer; I'm trying not to spend much money anyway (shoes, dvd's and fabric are a big enough weakness as it is) but when you date someone, you naturally like to go out and do things. I guess people understand but the timing is a bit poor to tell you the truth. It's a bugger that being single is both more expensive yet cheaper at the same time!
I've been doing some more leafleting for the Lib Dems and have volunteered to help count the ballots on polling night; I also wrote an article for them on why I'm a first time Lib Dem voter but I'm not sure where and if they'll use it. It's the first time I've volunteered for anything political, although I did a lot of hunt-sabbing in my twenties. It's a pretty exciting election this time but if the Tories win I'll be gutted. It just doesn't bear thinking about actually...
Star Trek Girl has come back from Jordan having broken her leg in 2 places whilst stepping off a rock on Jordan's highest mountain (like you do) it sounded horrendous and the poor woman has been both in agony yet also off her face on the NHS's finest drugs which have only taken the edge off slightly.
I've been Skyping her and sending her links to all sorts of crap in a rubbish attempt to cheer her up, but I need to go up to The Big Smoke soon if I can face it. (not a huge fan of London) I'll bring cake and shallow magazines to try and distract her from the agony.
So all in all a good weekend for me, but sadly not for my friend.


Thank you darling! But need to talk to you about the Lib Dem thing - if you're in Brighton Pavilion, it's got to be Green! It's the only seat in the country they're likely to win! But I'm sure you've done the research, just can't remember where you're living now!
ReplyDeleteI'll be down in Brighton from 14th, so don't worry about trekking to the Big Smoke, we can have tea and cake in Brighton instead!
Love ya
Please note: When BrightonCynic says oldest friend she means that I have known her a long time. I am only 38.. however someone did think that I was my sister's mother so maybe I am not as young as I think...
ReplyDeleteaesthetically pleasing! I have never thought of describing a man this way but you are right if his aesthetics don't please you may as well get your coat.
ReplyDeleteI must go to the Pavillion, I love looking around historic buildings and Statley homes. I especailly love Victoriana, their moto seemed to be "why have a cherub when we can fifty and gold scrolls and...."
The Pavillion looks right up my street but I know what you mean about those audio guide things.
P.S here's hoping he's not as mad as a badger, although I can think of worse traits.
La Tarzane - you got me onto the Lib Dems in the first place! You can't have it both ways.Glad you're coming down soon; I can't wait to see you.
ReplyDeleteNP - I thought about that word when I typed it, I wasn't sure whether to explain, but then I didn't think you read the blog anyway! So yes, this is the friend I have known the OLDEST not the oldest of my friends. Just so that's clear.
Kerrie - Yes he was easy on the eye which is always welcome! I think you'd like the Pavilion, it was as camp as Christmas but pretty cool as well. The tour was over quite quickly but it's half price if you live here, so I might go again to take in a bit more. I'm sure there was a lot of tat I didn't get to cast my eye over.
and apologies for the erroneous apostrophe in my previous post - I blame the (legal) drugs!
ReplyDelete