Oh well, fuck it - wadda ya gunna do?
Moving on from my idiocy, I'm actually really chuffed today as I just booked a holiday down to St Ives to see a dear friend of mine. Cornish Girl used to work in Brighton and I met her about 12 years ago when I trained her up at work, and she is the sweetest, dearest person I have ever met - in fact I find it hard to believe that anyone can be as open and trusting as she is. I'm quite protective of her because people often take advantage of her good nature.
She moved back home to Cornwall some years ago and because of the distance I rarely see her. As I don't drive, I have decided to go by coach; the train would be quicker but I have to change between 4 and 6 times which sounds like a complete hassle. So I will be getting on the coach at 5.20 IN THE MORNING, and I won't get there until 12 hours later. So in fact 2 days in total will be spent on a bus! It would possibly be quicker to fly to Australia.
But, I'm hoping that if I take loads of magazines, some crochet, a book, an MP3 player, my Nintendo DS and a shed load of snacks then it will be manageable. I'm hoping that the scenery will be nice as I'd like to imagine they're taking the long scenic route. I think you just have to see the trip as part of the experience - although I may change my mind if I'm forced to take a seat near the toilet!
I've been to St Ives a few times in the past and it's absolutely lovely; the seagulls are brazen as anything - far more than the Sussex weaklings. I recall an ugly incident on Porthmeor beach with a churlish seagull and a brie and mango baguette - lets just say that we both won that fight. Apparently, The Mazey Day festival is on in Penzance that weekend as well so there should be lots to do. I'm just looking forward to seeing her again to be honest; she's been a good friend and knowing anyone as cheery and happy as her is a very rare thing.
I also just found out that Star Trek Girl is going to be on R&R in Brighton for 2 weeks from the 14th May, so I won't have to travel up to Laaaaandan to see her. I'm really looking forward to spending a lot of time watching dvds and gossiping with her - she has a purple cast and everything! She said she's considering hiring a wheelchair so she can be taxied around the place - well I guess it'll make a change for me to be ferrying someone else for once!
I sure hope you have a good time!
ReplyDeleteSpending time with friends is the bestest vacation, IMHO.
The coach ride be fine.
ReplyDeleteHere in the U.S. absolutely no coverage of British elections - we don't give a toss. Hope that Clegg guy didn't ensure a Tory victory.
I was an exit poller on 2 elections - amazing how many seemingly decent folk are actually reactionary right-wing nutjobs.