
I'm very excited as I now have all the equipment I need to make my quilt and I can't wait to get cracking. I've decided to start with a little one for my friends son who is nearly 2, so I can practice and learn how it's done... also, if the quilt is crap then he won't notice.
I recently discovered Kaffe Fassett fabrics as well which are absolutely stunning! I love both hot, colourful quilt designs and cooler, more simple ones too. Hopefully I'll love making them enough to try my hand at both at some point.
Whilst I was looking online at various craft websites I also came across these little diddy crochet things called Amigurumis. They're basically tiny stuffed crochet objects like cupcakes and toys which are apparently really popular - I'd never heard of them but I think they're adorable. I started to learn how to crochet a while ago but had some issues. This could be a good reason to try again, although I hear they can be quite difficult to make.
Lately I've been thinking that I should rename this blog Urban Optimist; I'm naturally cynical by nature but if I constantly wrote about depressing things then I'd bring you all down and end up exploding in a ball of flames! I do think Trading standards would have issues with my name sometimes though...
I hope I'm not showing my lack of machismo too much by saying that I adore that second batch - there's something unutterably cute about the whole scene :-)
ReplyDeleteYou quilt? I thought that's what bored housewives did in the midwest. Don't they have nice blankets where you live?
ReplyDeleteJust kidding...