So back in Brighton after 6 days with my folks; it turned into a traditional Christmas after all when my Mother and I got into a blazing row on Boxing Day - when you're shouting at your Mum to stop being such a drama queen after she's just yelled "thank you very much for ruining Christmas!" you know you've come home. It was fine eventually as we just ignored each other until it blew over, which took about half an hour.Although I love my family dearly, I'm very glad to be back in la-la land and sleeping in my own bed. I have to sleep on the sofa when I visit as they don't live in the house I grew up in; I don't get a minute to myself and as I like to spend a great deal of time alone it was nice to get back. In fact, I've never understood how some people don't like their own company - I think if you don't like spending time alone then you can't really know yourself very well. Luckily I'm brilliant company haha!
I've been thinking about New Years resolutions; I like to make them but try to ensure they are achievable. Last year I intended to click on The Hunger Site every day as their sponsors give money to charity for you - I've posted about it a couple of times and think it's a fantastic way to give something even if you have no money to spare. I am proud to report that I only missed a handful of days when I was camping in fields and intend to continue clicking away.
Actually, I started writing this post earlier today; I wrote a VERY long post about my 2 resolutions but then decided to delete the entry and keep one of them to myself - it's a bit too dark now.
The other resolution was to continue with my free Italian lessons on the BBC website; I love Italy but always seem to forget my meagre Italian because I don't use it enough. I'm hoping that if I continually expose myself to the language then at some point it will surely go in!
I didn't go out this evening as I've never been too fussed about New Year, I like to go for a walk by the sea early on New Years Day and have a think instead. If I recall you have to buy something new, spend loads of money, queue for ages for an overly expensive drink, get drunk, feel a bit awkward when the clock strikes 12, try to get home on foot in the cold or pay £250 for a taxi (if you're lucky enough to find one) pick your way through vomit, then wake up the next day feeling rough as a badgers arse... I haven't missed anything out have I?
You won't believe this but I had a call from an ex-landlord today, he's in South America until May and wants to know if I'd like my old room back at £70 per week including bills - so it looks like I may be moving again! I'm getting pretty used to it now and don't feel hassled and despairing as I did last time - I will now have moved 3 times in 4 months and 17 times in 15 years!
It also means that I will be able to save for my own flat quicker and I could possibly have another cat, so I'm going to take it. I liked living there before and interestingly, it's next door to another house that I've lived in no less than 3 times!
It also means that I will be able to save for my own flat quicker and I could possibly have another cat, so I'm going to take it. I liked living there before and interestingly, it's next door to another house that I've lived in no less than 3 times!
So here's to 2010 my fantastic Blogger friends - may it bring you health, wealth and happiness and my it bring me the same plus a semblance of stability, a kitten and a lottery win! x
Very funny family story - how else would you know it's Xmas?
ReplyDeleteBugger all that moving - I don't know how you do it. Well, at least you're not dragging sofas and beds around.
Don't know about charities. If I'm feeling flush, I give a couple of bucks to some local homeless people I see every day. That way I know it's used for something useful, like liquor.