One of my dearest friends has gone overseas for 10 months, and as I used to spend a lot of time with her, I have promised to write a weekly post where I give a summary of what has been going daaahn in Blighty, Brighton and with me - this way we don't have to do major catch-ups on Skype and she can just check her blog post. I'm also persuading her to get a Blogger account so we can all see what she's been up to as well.
So Star Trek Girl (STG) here is post number one! On the day the clocks changed you missed White Night - it was a bit la-la and pretentious and you didn't really miss out on anything spectacular. Brighton is pretentious enough so they didn't really need the encouragement - the Phoenix Gallery really outdid itself on the up-your-own-arseness however!
Today you missed the Brighton Zombie Walk which was brilliant! They started from The Station at 3pm and staggered and dragged themselves to the West Pier. The weather has been very mild and it stopped raining which could've ruined everything!
I only intended to pop down and have a look but it was so much fun that I followed them all the way to the Pier. The centre of town came to a standstill and everyone thought it was marvellous. I was really surprised that nobody got hit by a bus though, as people were absolutely everywhere! The police had a bit of a time trying to control it all.
Seeing a couple of hundred zombies coming towards you on the seafront is a bit unnerving and 2 of them chased me until I jumped up on a bench and broke eye contact! There were quite a lot of photographers and the basketball guys just coolly carried on playing.
Not much else to tell you really; I have a bit of a cold and am settling into the new house very well. I saw I missed a call from you but when I tried to call you back it was too late. I went to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox (strange going without you) but I will write a post about that later.
Miss you girly and can't wait for you to get back. I hope you are finding your feet ok, and that you settle in very quickly. So until next week then... x



looks like Brighton is the place to be.
ReplyDeleteLove it, keep 'em coming sweetie
ReplyDelete