Home - Moving house on Friday. Whilst I was at my parents I got a call from a lady I know who has a little holistic therapy shop in town; I used to work for her 15 years ago and we'd kept in touch. Anyway, she never calls me (I just pop into her shop now and then) and when I asked her why she'd rung me she said she hadn't a clue! She asked what had been going on with me and when I explained she said she had a room coming up.
It's back in town and it's with 4 other people: my friend, her 12 year old daughter, a woman who works in care and another guy. The rent is only £450 per month and includes bills and food! This is unusual, and as I don't eat very well and hate cooking just for myself, this could be perfect.
They all sit down to an evening meal together and have a natter over a glass of wine - if you don't want dinner then it goes in the fridge for when you get in.... nice. My room is smaller but I have a good feeling about the place and very much need some support and happiness around me at the moment. I never usually need much support but feel a bit 'broken' lately and have been quite low.
Work - Business is very good; I do have a £900 invoice that is just about to become overdue though which I'm quite worried about. It's a new client and I have explained that I am unwilling to complete any further work once an invoice is outstanding.... scary as I need the money to move and pay 2 weeks rent on the place I'm moving out of. I have 2 new clients and am really glad that my business is slowly gaining ground each month.
Dexter - It still feels strange that he's not around; I mainly feel just sad about it all now and can barely walk down my road each day without thinking about him dying alone in the dark and cold. I have to see the place where I found his little body each day, and the blood stain on the pavement won't go away. I've had cats for 15 years so it feels really strange - I keep thinking I can hear him, I go down the petfood aisle in the supermarket and I look for him each morning. My new house has 2 cats though which will be lovely.
The Present - I have a hugely manic week which has pulled me out of my slump; I am working tomorrow and Thursday, Have to take a case of books each night to the new house on the bus as I don't have a car or enough boxes (or time to get enough boxes) to carry them. I have a freelancers meeting tomorrow night which I enjoy so will go; I also have to pack.
Friday night is my closest friend's leaving party as she's being posted to Jordan for 10 months, I have to unpack, do a client's accounts, meet a couple of friends, and then Saturday night is 'White Night' where the town comes alive and brilliant and creative (mostly free) events happen all night long.
So my friends, I would like to say how unbelievably grateful I've been for your support and kind words over the last week; sadness is relative and I'm very lucky that I have some good friends. (some of whom I've never met) I do feel much better and I'm actually very happy to be moving for once! I currently live in a beautiful house but it has no heart, happiness or soul to it and I've only been unhappy here.
I've been to see 2 films over the weekend and 1 film just before 'the incident' which I didn't feel like writing about: Surrogates, Up, and The Imaginarium of Dr Pernassus. I will of course, be writing a full and comprehensive review of them all in the upcoming week; along with an update of the move and new house.
I thought this would be a quick update but I was evidently mistaken...
oh, hun....I can't believe I have been away from my blog and missed your awful week. I am so sorry to hear about Dexter. So sorry that everything was/is crap. I am thinking of you and send you hugs.Sarah
ReplyDeletexx
I think the problem is solved. Maybe I'm just hallucinating.
ReplyDelete