24 May 2009

This Book Leads to Rome


Today I've been reading a book called 'Eat, Pray, Love' that I had seen on Oprah. I'm not usually into tree-hugging lalaness, I'm not religious, nor do I buy things I see on TV, but this book looked really good. 

It's about a woman who ends her marriage and goes first to Italy to learn the language and stuff her face, then to India to find herself, then off to Indonesia to do... something else (I'm still in Italy) So today I've been sitting in the sun, my feet on a Brighton windowsill and my head in Rome.

Reading about her days in Italy has made me really yearn to go back. She's in Rome (I've been to the North and South but not Rome so far) and like her, I truly believe Italian to be the most beautiful-sounding language ever created - my first language was Italian (long story) but I lost it and make half-hearted attempts to pick it back up now and then. After a week in the country I seem to be getting there but then I come home and forget all about it again.

In a dream World I would speak Italian fluently and spend my birthday there every November (I've done this twice so far) but in reality, business will have to be bloody booming for this to happen! 

Maybe if I work very, very hard....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waddaya think?