17 March 2009

Twice Lucky

I know it's irritatingly sickening when people go on about their animals but I just have to say how pleased I am with my new kitten Dexter. I've had him nearly 6 months now and he really is such a happy little chappie that I look forward to getting home to see him every day.

I loved my old cat Fraidy more than I can describe; you could not take a bad picture of Fraidy; she was so gorgeous to look at, but her temperament towards others was often less than welcoming! She was very much my cat and we had a unique relationship but she did not really like to interact with strangers; whereas Dexter - not always the most photogenic of cats (he often has one eye half open or looks like a monkey) is happy to hang out with anyone and is very personable and friendly... He's truly a cat for all seasons.


I had Fraidy 14 years and I feel so unexpectedly excited about starting a new chapter with Dexter; this now is the beginning of our life together and every day a new facet of his personality surfaces and our relationship with each other develops further. True, he often gets me up 6 times in the night, but our little moments together are so special that I can honestly say I love him more already than I could ever have hoped.



















































































































































1 comment:

  1. Fraidy looks like a sweetheart, and Dexter has personality written all over him. It's so funny that I never was really a cat person; now I'm afraid that someday I'll be a crazy cat lady.

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?