Sometimes you didn't know you really wanted something until you get asked a question, then quick as a flash the answer comes out and surprises you. I was once asked to write a wish-list and top of the list was a house in Sorento. I was also was asked recently where my heart lies, and I knew immediately where I'd left it.
I've been to Sorento twice and
it truly is a special place. It's twee (almost the town that taste forgot - holographic images of Christ on the cross, and fur/leopardskin effect bag combos with feathers!) it's historic, and it has the bluest sea that I have even seen. Across the bay is Vesuvius, a short boat ride will take you to Capri and you can take a direct train to Pompeii for just a few euros.
it truly is a special place. It's twee (almost the town that taste forgot - holographic images of Christ on the cross, and fur/leopardskin effect bag combos with feathers!) it's historic, and it has the bluest sea that I have even seen. Across the bay is Vesuvius, a short boat ride will take you to Capri and you can take a direct train to Pompeii for just a few euros.
Near the old monastery that I stay in, (Porto Salvo - 2ft thick whitewashed walls, red tiled floors, wooden shutters and orange trees in the grounds) there is a gorgeous pink house on the edge of the cliff that I wish I lived in - Isn't it beautiful? It's the sort of house in which you could sweep around in a silk negligee, fluffy mules and a dusky tan. I know that if I could have anything, I would have this house.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Waddaya think?