18 February 2009

Run Fowrest Run!

I had a bit of a run yesterday. I'll not lie, I'm not really one for exercising as I don't actually like it; but I'm a bit squidgy and there is some muffin overspill on occasion - plus frankly I used to look hotter. I'm not 'fat' but I'm drawing a line in the sand right here.


Now I know that a diet of Cadbury's Creme Eggs and Curly Wurleys is not the best idea, but I like sweet things and I'm just not going to deprive myself of meringues, biscuits and cakes, I'm just not. So I decided that I should perhaps try to cut down somewhat on the sugar (gone are the days when I could literally exist on toffee popcorn and biscuits) and maybe do some exercise now and then.

Some (freaks) people love exercise; the very same people that like cooking I imagine, but I am not one of those people. So when I set off in my new trainers I knew it wasn't going to be fun in any way and by the time I had gotten to the top of the road I was already regretting the decision. I ran to the park then down to the beach for some 'pebble resistance' training; I incorporated a quick lie-down and listen to the waves because it seemed a shame to waste the moment; I then carried on to the pier, up past the Pavilion then staggered up the steepest hill in Brighton to my house. (I say 'ran', it was a small bit of running then lots of fast walking to be fair)

I was not a pretty sight upon arrival; I was flushed, had a banging headache, a bit of a backache and was knackered. I did not have a healthy post-exercise glow about me, nor did I feel particularly exhilarated, full of vigour or raring to take on the World. I hope I get used to it because podgy and I are going to be strangers to one another from now on!

2 comments:

  1. The headache could be a sign of dehydration. Make sure you drink water before and after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very best of luck to you - it's a great ambition and, for what it's worth, I wouldn't give up the sweet stuff either!

    One other thing I wouldn't do: I wouldn't start off by running. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete

Waddaya think?